Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Week 57

(Mother's note: Holly spent her last preparation day visiting different doctors, in an effort to try to narrow down the location of any remaining kidney stones, so she didn't have time to type a letter,. Instead, she sent me pictures of her hand written note which she asked me to type. I had a few delays with my "support staff" but here it finally is! However, the upside to the delay is that I did heat back from the mission president's wife who emailed me the news recently that Holly finally was able to have a CT scan which indicated she has multiple small kidney stones in each kidney. It is hoped that once one or more of them passes it can determined what they're made of so that a change in diet or potential medication can help dissolve them so that her extreme pain will be lessoned when they decide to move. Because her infection is now cleared up and she's not in pain at the moment, we're hopeful she can stay out and work hard until the stones pass possibly down the long term future...potentially even post Paraguay! So relatively speaking, that's good news for now.)

Dear Family,


Well, this week was a good one. Hna Pisco and I are hitting up Juan de Salazar pretty hard, and it feels so good to be back in our area (and not in the hospital lolz).


True story though is that God for sure knew what He was doing putting Hermana Pisco and I back together, cause it’s been super trippy/empowering to see how far we’ve both come in the past 9 months since we were comps. Like, now we both know how to work smart AND we already have a solid relationship built on trust and understanding. Even though we have a pretty decent amount of cultural differences, I actually think H’Pisco is the comp I have the most in common with. We are both 2 chill and are about that balance lyfe. She’s coming out of her past change she had with a pretty intense companion, and she said to me this week “Hermana, I forgot it was possible to work hard And have fun!” Lolz, I feel that.


But really, I feel like if you can’t have fun on the mission, you’re doing it wrong. Amirite? Yes. (see D&C 84 and also 3 Nefi 13 (consider the lilies of the field, how they grow, they toil not, neither do they spin...your Father, who is in heaven, knoweth that you have need of all these things. Therefore, let the morrow take thought for the things of itself.)) True doctrine that’s been internalized f’realz on the mission. This is the Lord’s work, and He will hasten it in His time.


Well, our week just pretty much consisted of planting lots and lots of seeds. Such is la vida misional. Getting V stoked for conference though. It’s my last one on the mission, so you know what that means...It’s *theoretically* “time” to receive personal revelation. Like, for my own life. Been a while...But we’ll see about that, cause I’m actually not really worried about it hardly at all #tranquinotrunky Remember the lilies of the field? I’m just gonna let the morrow take thought for the things of itself and see how that goes. But igual, still really excited for #ldsconf


Hope you had a great Easter and actually celebrated it at all cause I sure didn’t *single tear* But it’s whatever, cause everyday is a day to remember the Atonement and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.


Love you 5 ever!


Love,


Hermana Ross


Ps True story is that Juan de Salazar actually isn’t quite as obsessed with playing tons of music super loud as have been my other areas. Like, I hear the classic Polka Paraguya and Brazilian stuff, but that is about it. BUT, if I hear another song on the streets, it is si o si 1) sorry by J. Biebs OR SUPER RANDOMLY 2) The song Rasputin from Just Dance. Like, I’ve heard that song more than half a dozen times. So random, right?
My comp was making cookies and I had to keep taking pictures of her until she felt it looked like her....she kept saying she looked either black or Asian, and had me keep taking photos....hahahaha I was dying!

Another cookie shot


Gatito!

That time i was in Jurassic Park (no, f'realz tho, I was like "where are the dinosaurs?")



Finally one where she looks Latina, and featuring our outdoor kitchen
My comp was making a smoothie and a tragedy occurred!  I just heard a crashing sound and came out to find this!

No comments:

Post a Comment